Breastfeeding Poems

>







One

A mother's breast
A child's rest
For comfort or food
Anywhere, in any mood

A newborn baby or an older child
Just for a sip, or for a long while
Black babies, white and asian too,
latino, indigenous be it many or few

All have one thing they want and adore
Milk from their mother, ever more, ever more-


Two

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I drink Mommy's milk
Do you drink it too?

When I wake up, or when I fall down
Up in a plane, or strolling in town
On my bed or while riding in the sling
Nursing is one of my favorite things...-






Three

Come little child, sit in my lap
It's time to nurse to sleep and go down for a nap
O little one, suckling of mine,
Won't you stay small for all time?
Come little babe, there is no hurry
I watch no clock, why should I worry?

My breasts have purpose, not just to tease
My breasts work hard to nourish with ease
And when you reach their journey's end, 
Your sibling will from you them lend










0 comments: