pregnancy care

>When I was pregnant with my third child, I had two friends who were also expecting. We would get together once a week and, over milkshakes, compare our growing bellies and laugh about our big maternity pants.We would also share our fears. Together we obsessed about nearly everything that could go wrong in the 40 weeks of pregnancy. What are these pains? Why am I so tired? How much will labor hurt? Can I handle another child? And the big one: Will my baby be healthy?Worries and pregnancy seem to go hand in hand. Fortunately, however, most women of childbearing age are healthy and most pregnancies are considered "low-risk." For most women, the surest way to have a healthy baby is to live a healthy lifestyle. The March of Dimes suggests the following precautions: Get early prenatal care, even before you're pregnant. Eat a well-balanced diet, including a vitamin supplement that contains folic acid. Exercise regularly with your doctor's permission. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and illicit drugs, and limit caffeine. Avoid x-rays, hot tubs, and saunas. Avoid infections. Getting Good Care

0 comments: