What I've been waiting for, for nearly 3 years

>




As many of my readers already know, I was invited to the board of Fundacion Pro Lechi Mama in May of 2008 at the age of 19. I was very happy and proud to be a part of anything that would raise awareness and promote breastfeeding in a positive light. As time passed, and I progressed in my studies of Childbirth Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor, I was asked to help out with visiting the mothers at home when they encountered problems with breastfeeding. This part is one of the most challenging but also most rewarding part of the job. As everyone knows, we visit mothers at no cost to them, at any hour of any day. Fortunately, most of our visits can be scheduled around our day jobs, but there are the occasional middle of the night phone calls and Sunday morning visits. The work we do is strictly voluntary and we are not compensated in any monetary way. I knew this from the very beginning and to tell you the truth, I derive much more satisfaction from seeing a mother and baby pair finally getting on track with breastfeeding than if I was to be paid for it.

Up until very recently, our President Caroll has decided to step down from her position because of an increasing hectic schedule. So who was chosen as our new President to head and lead the Foundation?

I'm proud and yet very humbled to say that, I was elected as the President of Fundacion Pro Lechi Mama. A prestigious position but daunting all at once because we have no easy task. We have many events coming up this year and next and there's a lot of work to accomplish. Wish me success

0 comments: